These ‘Terms & Conditions’ may vary from time to time. Please make sure you review them regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use this website after any variation has been posted.
About Brighton Festival:
- brightonfestival.org is operated and managed by Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival (registered as Brighton Dome and Festival Ltd)
- Registered charity number 249648
- Registered office 12a Pavilion Buildings, Castle Square, Brighton BN1 1EE
- VAT number 730203001
Using this website
By using the Brighton Festival website you agree to be bound by these ‘Terms & Conditions’ other than in relation to those conditions listed under ‘Ticketing’ below, which will become applicable when you buy a ticket.
Brighton Festival gives no warranty to the accuracy of the information accessed through the website and accepts no liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience that may be caused in the event that inaccurate information appears on it. Every attempt has been made to present up-to-date, accurate information. Information may be changed or updated without notice. The material on this website may be out of date at any given time, and Brighton Festival is under no obligation to update such material. Brighton Festival will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable in whole or in part at any time or for any period. Materials posted on this website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Brighton Festival disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any third party. If the need arises, access to this website may be suspended or terminated indefinitely.
The text and images on this website are the property of Brighton Festival or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only, and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use is prohibited and shall automatically terminate your permission to use this website. No part of this website may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Brighton Festival. The trade marks and logos displayed on this website are the property of Brighton Festival. You are not permitted to use such trade marks and logos without the prior written consent of Brighton Festival.
Data Protection and GDPR
Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival (Brighton Dome and Festival Ltd – BDBF) is committed to protecting your privacy and conforms to the terms of the 1998 Data Protection Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, and from May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) 2018. The personal information that you enter on the website will be held securely and will not be used for any other purpose than for us to contact you about Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival activities, unless you’ve given us permission to send you information from the arts organisations, company or promotor you are booking to see.
Please see our complete Privacy Notice here – https://brightonfestival.org/privacy/
Unfortunately, data transmission over the internet is not guaranteed to be 100% secure, but we do take appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal data.
Inaccuracies and Corrections
We make every effort to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please log-in to your account via the 'My Account' link or e-mail email@example.com.
- Once paid for, tickets are non-refundable and non transferable.
- We accept MasterCard, Amex, Visa, and Maestro cards.
- If collecting tickets, please bring the same card used to purchase online or by phone.
- We believe customers shouldn't pay more than face value plus booking fee. To deter buying and selling tickets for personal gain, we may hold tickets for collection and require the credit/debit card used for the original transaction.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival takes no responsibility for tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources which are therefore invalid.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival and event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of any event.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled and the new date is not acceptable, the full tickets value will be refunded to the original payment method excluding any postage or per order fees
- Failure to comply with these ‘Terms & Conditions’ will make your ticket and transaction void.
- Tickets must not be sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than Brighton Dome or one of its authorised agents. If you'd like a list of agents for a specific event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A per order charge applies to all online and telephone bookings (one charge per booking)
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival Members pay postage charges only
Order charges per booking
- There is £2.50 per order charge for all bookings online and by phone
- There is a 60p standard postage charge
- There is £1.75 signed for mail postage charge
- There is no per order charge for in-person bookings or for Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival Members
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival reserves the right to alter the programme without prior notice if necessary.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival reserves the right to ask customers who cause unreasonable disturbance inside the auditorium during events to leave. Unreasonable disturbance is determined by our Front of House team and is dependent on events. Please show consideration for your fellow audience members and our artists.
- With the exception of events specifically aimed at younger people, under 14s coming to see a show are not allowed into the venues without a ticket-holding adult. Age limits for children's shows are determined on an event-by-event basis.
- Babes in arms (children under the age of 2 years) are welcome at all Brighton Dome events however parents are asked to select seats that allow easy exit from the auditorium should your baby become restless. Babies are covered by the general ‘unreasonable disturbance’ policy above. Your baby does not require a ticket.
- Loud noise can cause permanent hearing damage. Complimentary hearing protection is available from any member of staff. We do not recommend bringing children to music events without bringing specific hearing protection designed for children with you.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at suitable breaks in the performance. Not all performances contain suitable breaks.
- For some performances a 'no readmission to the auditorium' policy will operate throughout, please check on arrival at the venue.
- You must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to ticketed events at Brighton Dome and other Brighton Festival venues and upon request for inspection at any time, as failure to produce your ticket may result in you being asked to leave the venue.
- To ensure safety, we may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and all other items on entry and reserve the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or others.
- Drinks purchased at the Brighton Dome Cafe bar and Studio bar are generally allowed in the auditorium with the exception of any events deemed to be disturbed by the inclusion of drinks such as classical music and some dance performances. Drinks policies may vary at other Brighton Festival venues
- Photography, audio and video recording is not permitted in the auditoria. You will be asked to stop and may have your equipment confiscated and data deleted at the artists' request. If you would like to request a photography pass please contact our Press Office.
- You are responsible for your belongings when attending the venue. Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival accepts no responsibility for any personal property brought to the venue, including items which are left in the cloakrooms.
- Food and drink purchased elsewhere may not be consumed in Brighton Dome or other Brighton Festival venue.
- Smoking is not permitted at Brighton Dome or other Brighton Festival venue.
- Mobile phones must be silenced before entering the performance areas.
- Events may be age restricted and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check before purchasing.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in our venue. Please advise our Ticket Office in advance so we can ensure your needs are met. However no other animals are allowed without prior permission.
Warning: Strobe lighting, lighting that produces stroboscopic effects, smoke machines and other theatrical effects may be used during shows in our venues.
If you have concerns about any of these elements being in a performance that you are coming to see please contact the BDBF access line on 01273 261541/525 (Open Monday - Saturday 10am-6pm) who will be able to confirm what effects will be in use. Please note that this may not be instantaneous as we may need to contact the promoter to get more information.
- Members' discounts and special offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.
- Priority booking is valid for all Brighton Festival performances and selected Brighton Dome performances year round.
- £10 standby tickets are available (in person) one hour before the show on selected Brighton Festival performances.
- Partner discounts are subject to change.
- No transaction fee applies unless you request tickets to be posted where a £1 charge may apply.
- For certain events booking fees (per ticket fee) may still apply.
- Some offers are only available by e-mail. Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival reserves the right to make changes to the benefits we offer.
- In conjunction with our promotional partners for members, Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival will pass on your e-mail address to validate your exclusive member promotional offers. Our promotional partners guarantee that your e-mail address will be used for no other purpose; however Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival shall not be held liable whatsoever for any failings by our promotional partners in this regard.
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these ‘Terms & Conditions’ is intended to exclude or to limit in any way any liability which Brighton Dome may have for death or personal injury to any person caused by their negligence, for fraud, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Under no circumstance will Brighton Dome be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, which was not reasonably foreseeable at the time the ticket was purchased or which was not directly attributable to any act or omission of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival. Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or any wasted expenditure in excess of the face value of the ticket. Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival shall not be liable for any indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages or any loss of income or profits.
The invalidity or partial invalidity of any provision of these ‘Terms & Conditions’ shall not prejudice or affect the remainder of these ‘Terms & Conditions’, which shall continue in full force and effect.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These ‘Terms & Conditions’ and any dispute or claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute or claim, although Brighton Dome retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these ‘Terms & Conditions’ in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Competitions and prize draws
• Promoter: Brighton Dome & Festival Ltd, 12a Pavilion Buildings, Castle Square, Brighton BN1 1EE
• Prize draws are normally open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated in the competition details
• Employees or agencies of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival Ltd (BDBF) or their family members, or anyone else connected with the competition may not enter.
• Entry into the prize draw is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• By entering this competition, the entrant is agreeing to their email address being added to the BDBF database. This can be unsubscribed from at any time.
• Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint entries are not allowed.
• We do not take responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
• Winners will be chosen at random. The winners will be notified by email on or before the date given in the details listed and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner rejects their prize or doesn’t respond, then the winner's prize may be forfeited and BDBF shall be entitled to select another winner.
• The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
• BDBF retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
• The decision of BDBF in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
• BDBF shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
• If no transport and parking is offered in the competitions details, then it is the responsibility of the entrant to pay for their own transport and parking in order to redeem the prize if necessary
• No purchase necessary.
• Brighton Festival accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered in connection with the prize draw or the prize.
• Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of Brighton Festival for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
• Brighton Festival shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
• These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.
Social Media Competitions
- The prize is as stated on the Social Media channel the competition is run on and prizes are not exchangeable
- Winners will be notified via Twitter or Facebook – so make sure you check back and follow us or like us so we can Direct Message you.
- We will message, Facebook comment or tweet you at least 24 hours in advance of the show, to tell you if you’ve won. If you do not respond with acknowledgement within 2 hours of the show beginning, your tickets will not be held.
- The prize is for the show offered above only and cannot be carried over.
- We may use your photos, comments and entries and share them on our Social Media channels, website and in future publicity for Brighton Dome and Festival
- Selection of Winners: The winners will be chosen by a representative of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival
- Winners list: The winner consents to their Twitter/ Facebook profile being made publicly available on Twitter/Facebook via our Twitter/Facebook updates.
- Other: No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival’s decision shall be final. We reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice
- No refunds can be given on existing tickets
Our aim is to provide a comments facility that is an open place for you to discuss Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival events, share your experiences, your views and engage with others. We reserve the right to remove comments. To make this a place where all can join in the conversation please don't leave comments that:
- are too personal - please don't be libellous or defamatory
- contain swear words or are pornographic and indecent
- are harmful or abusive
- divulge too much personal information. In the interests of your personal safety please don't leave phone numbers, email addresses or your home address
- refer to or incite any illegal activity
- are spam - comments that don't relate to the event to promote your own agenda, product or service
- are deliberately inflammatory or unconstructive
If you are unhappy with a post and you think it breaks these rules please report it and our moderators will review it and take appropriate action.
Thank you for taking the time to comment and engage with us here at Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival. If you have any queries please get in touch with us at email@example.com